Postpone voting on the 100M DAO tokens

Hello everyone!

Recently, I created a topic regarding the vote on the proposal, but during the process, I realized that it would make more sense to postpone any voting related to the burning or retention of the 100M DAO tokens. Right now, it wouldn’t fully reflect the community’s opinion, as mentioned here. The team’s influence on the vote is currently very strong, so it wouldn’t be fair to vote on such a sensitive issue. Although, I must admit that I was initially against postponing it, I have come to understand that many in the community realize how critical the issue is, and that it wouldn’t truly represent the community’s voice. @przemer mentioned this a while ago, and @UZAMARU has now expressed the same opinion.

I propose postponing the vote on this issue to July 1, 2025. By that time, a larger portion of the community will be more engaged, Lisk will have entered the public mainnet phase and will have been in it for some time, making it more established. I ask everyone to share their thoughts.

6 Likes

@grumlin this is right decision in the right direction. I believe the team will have delivered some tangible milestones in line with their roadmaps and our communities across Africa are also very bullish on Lisk and we already saw some of our brilliant developers deploy on testnet and waiting for mainet launch. Thats why I believe that burning the tokens will do more harm for the Lisk ecosystem longterm but turning the tokens in ecosystem fund for serious developers to get access to funding needed to continue to build with Lisk longterm will bring more value to both token holders, the team at Lisk and the communities.

1 Like

This decision reflects a thoughtful approach to ensure that any action taken truly represents the collective voice of the Lisk community.

These funds could be directed towards initiatives that foster innovation, support builders, and enhance the overall infrastructure of the Lisk ecosystem. Such investments would likely yield greater returns in terms of community growth and project development, ultimately benefiting all stakeholders involved.

I look forward to casting my vote on July 1st.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I’m only asking about postponing. If you think we should keep it, then choose another topic related to that. But this discussion isn’t about that. We can continue the conversation about the topics you brought up elsewhere. Thanks for your attention!

Giving 100M tokens to DAO fund will END this project for good. As of now many people saying Lisk is DEAD project. 99% of lisk holders have horribly bad token price sentiment and month by month they are selling with losses and leaving you for good. Analytics comparing lisk all time chart to be same as memecoins chart. You are losing more holders than you are doing with ETH layer2. Giving up with lisk SDK that was supposed to be the core of lisk developed for around 6 years made many project holders being dissapointed. You flushed out community and now you want to grab other people into project which is almost dead. That’s why I strongly recommend to BURN that 100m lisk tokens because it will save you those 5% community that’s left as of now. Token price need to go up because lisk having price in 2024 same as in 2019 on low after bull run. This is not looking good. Hope you will ressurect somehow on eth chain but still no match against projects like arbitrum for example. Only token burn will give some positive sentiment and guarantee token price going up. Giving it to DAO may make this project dead for good.

The major problem is that people are saying and it’s true that lisk team having too much vote power and community totally lost voting power. That’s why they are leaving. Lisk team shouldn’t take part in votes.

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for your thoughts. Just a reminder, this topic is only related to the postponement of the scheduled vote on July 25. Therefore, if you would like to continue the discussion on your topic, please write here or here.

Just as an update on this, after considering the community discussion about this this topic, it was officially communicated that the vote will be postponed to July next year, see x.com

Mona you decided with who? There was no discussion and as you can see community commenting that they want to burn. Making changes based on missing “discussion” without vote is not fair for community. I insist to vote to postpone the vote same as adamant.

Our goal here, as I have previously stated, is to let the community decide on the outcome of the 100m additional tokens that could be kept for the Lisk DAO, and slowly vested over a 7 year period, or burned.

The decision to postpone the vote was made based on community feedback coming from Grumlin’s thread, as well as, multiple comments / general sentiment coming from long standing and active community members since originally announcing the vote. We gave the community an additional 1 week time to discuss this, during which time, we received a lot of positive feedback from the community for that decision to postpone. One simple way to track this sentiment, though not the only one, is via the likes and reactions to this proposed change Discord and X .

Even now, there seem to be only a few community members that are opposed, but we are not seeing additional community members rally behind this idea.

As there currently does not seem to be a majority support for having the vote now, and if the vote is passed either way it’s a final decision, I do think it’s in the best interest of the community to give it more time to get more people involved in the DAO voting and also to be able to see what the Lisk team is able to deliver here over the coming 10 months.

Of course, as Przemer correctly already pointed out here, if the community gives enough voting power to submit a proposal (which would be the first sign that there is more support for this or any idea) anyone meeting the threshold can create a vote on this topic :+1:

2 Likes

Agree.

@Mona, close this topic please.

Oh yeah, community have nothing to say, you decide. Ofc you picked 1st July 2025 why not June or February? @grumlin picked date that he wants and others have nothing to say it must be 1st July 2025, no discussion about that allowed.

“The decision to postpone the vote was made based on community feedback coming from Grumlin’s thread, as well as, multiple comments / general sentiment coming from long standing and active community members since originally announcing the vote. We gave the community an additional 1 week time to discuss this, during which time, we received a lot of positive feedback from the community for that decision to postpone.”

It is smart to push this that way because x.com DON’T HAVE DISLIKES so naturally you will see only likes. You treat community like idiots.